LuvHaze

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Movie Reviews:

Doing things a little different this time! I've seen a few movies but just haven't had the time (or energy) to post up my reviews. So I'm just going to do them all at once very briefly. Here you go!:



Talladega Nights

1/5

Will Ferril is getting old. I'm sorry. I mean I'm going to keep enjoying his humor but I'm not as excited about it as I used to be. I have not heard of one person that actually liked this movie, so that gives me hope. But there's no wonder! It's plot was incredibly weak, predictable, unintelligent and just plain ridiculous. And they focused more on the plot then the actual humor, which I'm pretty sure was the ONLY reason why anyone was interested in the movie anyway, am I right? You didn't go into the auditorium thinking, "Hmm I wonder what kind of morals I could learn in this one..." No, you were thinking, "Haha what will Will Ferril do next?!" Please, people.
Lines like "shake and bake" and "I wanna go fast" got very annoying, very quick. The crude kids were PAINFULLY not funny. (UGH I very much dislike child actors!) And most of all, I just plain didn't care what happened to the characters in the story. There's nothing worse then feeling DUMB after you've just watched a movie, seriously. I give it minor points because (A) it had some good tunes and (B) I can remember a few parts where I laughed a bit so I can't really sit here and say it was a complete dud. But, I'll never see this again. And everytime somebody mentions it my involuntary groans and scoffs will continue.




Miami Vice


1/5

BORING! Oh my gosh I was so bored watching this film. And you know what? I'm pissed. I'm totally pissed because I was very much looking forward to this one. I was anticipating SO much more than what we got. I was ready for some ACTION, you know? For some hot guys running around in Armani suits and babes shooting guns in miniskirts. What the crap?! Nothing. Phbbt. An explosion at some trailor house, a cheap little shoot-out toward the end where NObody dies, and the cheesiest, fakest, stupidest, crappiest, pukiest "love" story I have ever seen. For the love of all that is glorious and shiny, give me a stinkin' break. Don't even get me started on the two main characters... shoot I've already started... Ok these guys had NO personalities, showed NO acting talent, and had NO connection with eachother! Are these people PARTNERS? It's Sonny and Tubbs guys!!!! Show some respect, huh? Show some attempt, jeez. I apologize, I'm upset. If you must watch this just... prepare to be disappointed that's for sure. Why I give it a 1 and not a 0? Well... you should've seen the car selection...mmhmm.




Night Listener


3/5

Ok here we go this one was a heck of a lot better than the previous two flicks, but that's not saying a whole lot because the others CRAPPED. Anyway, with the Night Listener we've got some creativity flowing. You actually had to THINK your way through the movie, kept you guessing. I like those kinds of films for sure. It really did spook me in a few parts and I just couldn't seem to predict what was going to happen. That's enough kudos for a mystery movie don't you think? And Toni Collette was absolutely amazing. She played a ca-REEPY chick and played it well. Robin Williams is not so bad. I believed him as his character, and that was a good achievement. I'll always love Mr. Williams because he's played in a couple of my most favorite childhood movies (Hook and Mrs. Doubtfire), but I don't think he's superb or anything, but he does his job.
The only real critique I have for this film was that it was a liiiiitle bland. When the movie ended, it... hadn't really GONE anywhere. There was no... bang. No real resolution. Through the film the plot would thicken and thicken and it would build you up and up but then like I said, go nowhere. Disappointing, but refreshing to see some intelligence in a movie again after the last two... sheesh people.




Illusionist


4/5

Unexpectedly well done. That's how I describe this movie. I was very skeptical at the beginning of this film. As you have learned I don't necessarily enjoy the acting skills of children, and that's kind of what we got for the first twenty minutes. Plus there was all this magic, fantasy crap going on and quite frankily that's just not my thing. However, once I let my mind open up, I really began to enjoy the essence of what this movie had to offer. The plot was well thought out, for me personally was unpredictable which is good, and had a very sweet and thoughtful ending that made you go, "awwww...!" An all around satisfying piece.
As far as acting? I must praise Edward Norton. He exuded chivalrous masculinity. Is that even correct phrasing? I don't know and I don't care because that's what I think of when I try to desribe what he portrayed in his character. Very well done. And who doesn't love Paul Giamatti? You just kind of KNOW he'll do his job and put in a good effort. I confidently recommend this movie to anyone. Especially if you are sick of seeing unintelligent, unnecessary, boring films that seem to be taking over the box office these days. Careful though, the Illusionist isn't perfect, but is definitely... refreshing. :-)




Invincible


2/5

Bummer. Well another film I was somewhat disappointed in. There's really not much to say about this one. It was entertaining... but not enough. I'm not quite sure what it is exactly. Yes, it was heartfelt. There was definitely inspiration in the story. I just... thought there was going to be more. More... FOOTBALL. More... speeches. More... conflict. It just rode the surface on the satisfactory line that's all. JUST makes it past the "waste of time" mark, you know? Not bad, but not good either. Good tunes of course, I'll be sure to check out the soundtrack on ITunes. And Mark Wahlberg... phew I used to have SUCH a crush on him. First when Fear came out, then Planet of the Apes. Both ridiculous movies... but so were his muscles. There, I freaking said it! Ridiculously HOT muscles. Gosh darnit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home