LuvHaze

Sunday, June 25, 2006



REVIEW: The Lake House


Director: Alejandro Agresti


Starring: Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. No one else matters.


Trailor: The Lake House


Plot:

A man and a woman meet when they start writing letters to eachother in the same magic mailbox. They fall in love and all of that, but the twist here is that they are mysteriously two years apart. GASP! He's back in 2004 while she's in the '06. Oh gee, but they're so PERFECT for eachother! What WILL they do?!



Critique:

I don't really feel like wasting a whole lot of time with this one so let's just get right to the point. LAME. And horribly boring. The story itself had a pretty sweet tale actually, but the film was lacking. Did this derive from a book? Seems like it did, and probably should have stayed that way. What a COMPLEX plot, SO complex, that my Aunt still wasn't sure of a few things, and it was her second time seeing it! It was unnecessarily confusing, and for such a difficult screenplay you'd THINK that whoever worked on the film would try and lay it out for us. Nah, it was so inadequetly done, I wouldn't be surprised if they whipped the entire thing up in 45 minutes.



Keanu. Is it KeeAnoo? Or Keenoo?. Well anyway, you totally blew us away in The Matrix (unexpectedly). But... that's about it. I liked the OTHER guy from Bill and Ted and I laughed my tush off watching Mr. Reeves in Chain Reaction. He was pretty cute in Something's Gotta Give, but he wasn't the main character and only had about six lines. How did this guy get so big? He's not a good actor!! If he was, then he would have successfully faked a simple sneeze in The Lake House. (Which was a cheesy add-in anyway.) But... I don't know there IS something about him. He's so... apathetic. So... clueless. It's like I want... more. What is it?! Oh, I don't know, doesn't matter. He'll just keep starring in more films and I'll just keep seeing them.




Miss Bullock my goodness she has come back in style. Wouldn't you all agree? I don't know about you but she totally bugged me in her 90's days. No, Miss Congeniality didn't help. She actually showed some acting talent in Crash and was pleasantly surprised by it. Look how cute she is! However, nothing knocked my socks off in this movie with her. She's no Meryl Streep, ok? Yet she's definitley not as bad as "I'm hot because that's what all the magazines say" Halle Berry. So there ya go.



To tell you the truth I much preferred the K & S duo in this righteous flick:


Oooo Speed was a good one. "Pop quiz hotshot!" hahah that line is so ridiculous. I love it.


Anyway, going back to The LAME House, I will say that they did TRY to make it entertaining. Neat little camera tricks here and there. Since most of the movie consisted of the couple writing and reading letters to eachother, I'd say it was a good idea for them to get creative. But you know what really bothered me about this film? No, it wasn't the obvious FAKE bush in the greenhouse, no it was the co-actors! All the other little characters in the story. One woman who was supposed to be Bullock's best friend had such a THICK accent from who knows where, I couldn't understand a thing she was saying. On top of that, she was supposed to be the comic relief or somthing right? So she'd say a line, I'd go, "huh? oh, oh well." But then everyone else would chuckle! Totally bummed me out, I'm up for jokes, you know? And Keanu's brother, man... no, nevermind I don't even want to talk about him. One word though... givemeabreak. Overall, I was just really bored when the main characters went off with the co's. Spaced out a few times, you know? Started thinking about what the best time would be for me to wake up in the morning for work... or that I should have bought popcorn afterall...



Alright, not much else. Jokes were attempted, but didn't work for me. Predictable. Incredibly cheesy... but cute nonetheless. Ok I'm done now.



Rating: 1/5

1 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bravo! Well done review as always. I WANTED to like the movie, I really did. And I consider myself fairly intelligent, but I still did not get it! The company was great, though...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home