LuvHaze

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Bonjour mes amies!


You know that feeling you get when you miss the new episode of your favorite show? That's how I feel about not blogging for so long! Sorry blogspot. I've been cheating on you with someone else. :-* heehee I've missed you. Hey, I've got TWO movies to review! ugh... two crappy ones though, and that only means they will be SHORT and will include many "give me a breaks". sheesh...


So I've just been in Florida. We stayed in Orlando at a very nice hotel right across from Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. My dad needed to go there for a business trip and took my mom and I along with him. I felt so bad... poor man was stuck in meetings all the time.


But... that didn't really stop my mom and I from having the time of our lives! hahah Everyday we had something planned. On our second day, we hit a very radical water park. Now, I hadn't been to one of these since maybe seventh grade, so I wasn't quite sure what I would be doing. I mean... water parks are generally for kids I guess so I was just kind of planning on soaking in the sun. But holy moly as we walked into the arena and witnessed all the slide glory I was overcome with excitement. I didn't even THINK about my slight case of claustrophobia. And really it IS slight. It's not even an issue really but... ok shoving myself down a 300 foot tube of BLACKNESS may do the trick. Oh my god I can't remember what they called the slide exactly. Somthing like, "the cage" I don't know. Hah, yea the freaking cage of DEATH! I SERIOUSLY thought I was going to die on this thing. What?! You're flying down a tube of plastic with water splashing in your face. Not to mention it's completely DARK and you can't see the end or anything. How are you supposed to know when the stinkin' thing is going to END? When do you hold your breath?! I was holding my breath the whole time. Did I mention this thing was about 300 feet long? Yea, I was literally preparing my soul for the heavens in the middle of this thing. But I got out eventually, stunned, my body in shock. Some lifegaurd brat kept yelling at me to get out. Umm... hello? You're a fricken' lifeguard aren't ya? HELP ME!!! jeez... I got whiplash too. I freaked.


So now I'm back to work again. Wow, it sucks. But it's not so bad. I've been spending some time with my new fella. What a cutie... and a good movie buddy! And let's see in about.... oh my gosh THREE days I'm going out of town again. I'll be seeing my Aunt and precious cousins. I love those guys. They just spent about three weeks at our place not to long ago. Now it's our turn to head over there. Which is cool because they live in Oregon, which is where I grew up. It's my home, and I do love my home. It's a place where although it may be 105 degrees outside, there will always be a cool breeze to keep you cozy. A place where you can plant any kind of flower outside and you don't have to worry about it not lasting through the winter. A place where you actually feel like you can breathe because the air is so fresh from the ocean. Oh, don't even get me started about the ocean... such an exhilirating... familiar place. Just the sight of it gives me goosebumps. And the sounds it makes... I love it. I miss it. Eventually I'll get back there. Not sure when exactly but... eventually.




Ain't it pretty?


Ok well I'm getting tired. It's almost midnight. Not sure if I want to put in a movie or something. I'm in the mood for a light romance. Maybe Say Anything. How cute is that movie, huh? My opinion though, John Cusack is looking better now than he ever has. Did you all catch Identity? Phew... very handsome. Hey... do I own that one? Nah, too scary for a nighttime movie. hmmm...


Well, night you all. Stay tuned for some movie bashing. :-)


Love,
Steph

3 Comments:

  • At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Omigosh you had me laughing so hard at the water park story. "Get out!"

    Is one of the bad movies you're going to review Lady in the Water? I didn't want to see it, but Rosie made me go, and it was even WORSE than I expected, if that's possible. The whole audience left the theatre laughing because it was so bad. It was either laugh or cry because we all got suckered out of our money. Anyhoo...

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Tim said…

    With free movies who cares if they suck? As long as Im around you don't have to pay anything, unless you want popcorn. Even then, I'd turn my head if you felt like stuffing a can of coke and a skor bar in your pocket.

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Yes Unka Shaina one of the lame-crap movies IS Lady in the Water. And you know Tim, I did think to myself how lucky I was that I didn't have to pay $8.00 of hard earned money just to witness such a piece of doodoo. So... thanks man. (...vhat?)

    David, hopefully Talladega Nights has something to offer. If not, then we need to call Hollywood or something and tell them to get their stuff together. hehe ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home