LuvHaze

Saturday, June 03, 2006



REVIEW: X-Men III: The Last Stand

Director: Brett Ratner

Starring: Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Ian McKellen, Kelsey Grammer, Patrick Stewart, Rebecca Romijn, Famke Janssen, James Marsden and Ron James as the prison truck driver.

Trailor: X Men III

Plot:
This is just a continuation of the first two X Mens, but you don't necessarily need to watch them in order to understand this one. However it may not be as enjoyable. You know what, who watches a sequel without ever watching it's first?! That's just weird, so it's your fault if you don't understand what's going on, ok? Anyway, to all you cool people who have seen XM 1 and 2, JEAN IS BACK!! And the humans have created a "cure" for mutants, and Storm is totally pissed about it. I guess there are bad mutants, and patrick stewart-good mutants. The bad mutants want to kill who or whatever is behind the distribution of the cure, and the good mutants try to stop them. Battles, YES! And The Beast joins the cast, YES! Omg who will win?! Is this the end, the LAST stand?! Will Hugh Jackman take off his shirt?!


Critique:
Ok so they say you should start off with something positive... alright, X Men III was never boring. I mean it's an action film, right? It had a lot of action! Very cool. Plus, it LOOKED amazing... and expensive. It's really unbelievable how far we've come with computer graphics, and advancements in stunt coordination. Most of the time I complain about how some action flicks seem so unrealistic and fake. Lord of the Rings was phenominal of course, but oh my god if the computer-Legolas flipped over one more horse I would freak. Anyway, from the look of the credits, a LOT of people worked on making the whole image of this film spectacular, so good work there team. :-)



Hey look whose back! And still looks as hot as ever... it's Mr. Hugh. Yes, he is shirtless for a moment in this flick, a very short, yet fulfilling moment. I whimpered, I cried. Don't roll your eyes at that boys. Look at him. Look and LEARN from him. There's hope for you, don't worry. But yea, he's awesome. What else do I say about him? I can't think of anyone else who could play the Wolverine better than he has. I mean, I didn't think that character was that cool until I say Hugh playing him soooo... yea.




Now let's talk about this person... Can I ask a question? Does anybody here think Halle Berry is... um a good actress? What's going on? Did I miss something? I don't think I did. I SAW her role in the Bond flick, wasn't impressed. I didn't need to see Catwoman to know she flopped in that one. Just wasn't too terrific in the X Men series either I don't believe, not to mention that Storm is the lamest superhero in the history of comic books. If anyone can think of anything lamer than creating fog, please let me know. And that's all I have to say about that.






Famke... whatever... is cool. Nothing about her bothers me. Remember her in GoldenEye? She did well in that Bond flick, which I can't say for Ms. Berry up there. Not to mention she's just hot, especially when she's pissed. It was exciting that the movie brought her back, with a whole new attitude and role in the plot. One of the good traits of this film. Plus she has rad hair. And cool eyebrows. ("You think you can brrreak me...!" Oh Famke, you tease!)









Can you believe this? Kelsey Grammer is The Beast! He does SO well. Fits the role perfectly, and he's just the coolest. Has totally turned into my new favorite X Men hero. (Sorry Wolfie... <3)>










All in all, the film was good. It does it's job and entertains the audience. But here's the deal with these action flicks. We need to spend a LITTLE bit more time on the script, the dialogue. It was quite amateurish if I might say. CHEESY, ok? Not EVERY line needs to be a pun. BUT, don't make that stop you from seeing the movie. Also, it was fun to see new characters. Don't know their names though... there was a "spazzy-fast" chick, a "crusher" guy and some porcupine person. Oh! And there was another blond guy with wings! That was neat! But was kind of just... "placed" in the movie. I don't know is it just me, or did it not seem like there was really a point in him being there? Whatever, still kinda neat.

This movie has a little something for everyone. Nice gushy romance for the ladies, and super "manly" battles for the guys. Cars are flung around, bridges are torn up, you know all that fun stuff. So I recommend this flick to you all. Hope you enjoy it, but if not... whatever, there's Superman coming out soon. :-)




Rating: 3/5

6 Comments:

  • At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, Stephny, your review completely cracked me up! I think your observations are right on the money. I can't wait to be able to go to the movies with you again.

    I have to agree about pretty Halle. Her Oscar win was a fluke, along the lines of Marisa Tomei and Julia Roberts.

    But Hughie, what can I say? Such a cutie.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Hey Unka Shaina, you are the reason I love movies so much you know! :-) It's really fun to judge and criticize these things don't you think? hahah

    Ok yea and about Halle's oscar, what crapping movie was it? I feel I need to watch it just so that I can see what people are talking about here. Like, she can act? Is that what I'm looking for?

    Hughie... mm I like that nickname. <3

    Ashley, I totally agree with you when you said that the movie didn't satisfy you when it ended. It DIDN'T feel complete, did it. Hmmm... so maybe this ISN'T the LAST stand, huh?

    (omg I thought it was just me but yea fire boy was looking mighty good in this flick. mm hmm...)

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Stephny,
    Halle won her Oscar for Monster's Ball, which also starred Billy Bob Thornton and Heath Ledger. I didn't see it, however. The subject matter sounded way too dark. I'm not one of those people who can sit through a violent or depressing movie for the sake of "art". All I want is some popcorn and a couple hours of light entertainment. Call me shallow, but I'm looking for an escape from reality for a short time. *Love you baby*

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Thanks Unka Shaina! I'll watch the "artistic" depressed films for you, k? hahah now I just need to gather some kind of energy in me to actually WATCH this Monster's Ball so I can furthur my Halle research. But seriously, come on, "I think I got the... THRUST of it."

    sigh...

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I laughed so hard I peed a little! (inside joke or not?) I love your blog so much. l.o.l.

    We actually own the directors cuts for XM 1, 1.5, and 2. I am SO looking forward to this film.

    I keep getting told how the next one is going to be by an X reader (no pun intended)

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    hahahah Sandy we have so many inside jokes I woudn't be surprised if that wasn't one of them! We're hilarious :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home