LuvHaze

Monday, May 22, 2006

Bonjour mes jolies!

That's French for, "hello my pretties". Ha, I tell you, those five years of french have been SO worthwhile! ... not. Seriously, what was I thinking? Obviously Spanish would have been the more useful language to learn. Sheesh... OH, you know what it was
?? Ok, this sounds kinda silly, but I've always been a HUGE fan of the movie Braveheart. Really, this movie will always go down as Favorite Movie of All Time for me. Anyway, Mel, or William Wallace speaks french in it! And I was SO in love with him. Let's see... what was it that he said... oh! ok, "Chaque jour je pense a toi" ... i think that's how it goes, but anyway it's "everyday I thought of you". ALSO, hmmm there was another line I think... when he says he's not a liar, but he is a savage. It sounds so cool. Hang on I have to look up what "savage" is in french because I don't remember us learning THAT word.

"Si je suis indomitus!" hahah "but I am a savage". (Not sure if that's right... sorry french majors!) Perhaps I'm having too much fun with this? I don't know, but yea, THAT'S why I got into French. It just sounded so cool when he said it! And come on people, language of loooove? <3> You know, there are just NO good movies out right now. I was thinking about what I would probably review next but, nothing! MAYBE Friends With Money, but I tell you, and I don't want to sound all bitter and judgemental or whatever but... Jennifer Aniston and her hair has been bugging me lately. You know what I think it was? Seeing her in... um what was it called, it was with Kevin Costner... shoot what was it OH, Rumor Has It. Please, I beg you not to watch this movie. It's one of those, "I just wasted an hour and a half of my LIFE" movies. I wrote a review about it when it came out, look it up, it's all there.

Hey, I may have been busy with school and stuff for the past few weeks but I DID see some movies that I can still review! Wow... that's a lot of reviewing though... Perhaps I'll make them really short. VERY short actually. You know what, I think I'll just give them ratings and little comments instead of what I usually do. YEA, cool I'll do that here we go, I've got to think of what I've seen....

ok, ready??!

Thank You For Smoking: 4/5
* I found this movie to be very clever and witty. It was the first "grown ups" movie I've seen in awhile that actually seemed FOR adults. Loved the main character. LOT of talking in this movie, not much action or anything like that, but totally ok, because that was the style of the film. It really took you into the ART of argueing. All around just COOL flick. Makes you think.






Ice Age 2: 4/5
*WOW! This movie was HILARIOUS! Honestly, it kept me laughing through the entire thing. This film proved that not ALL sequels are bad. In fact, I think it's even better than the first one! Just really enjoyed watching it, and the crew did such a nice job with everything. The graphics, the score, and the dialogue, ah! FUNNY stuff. The ONLY critique I had about this film was that it had a few vulgar jokes in it. Now, I don't have kids, but that doesn't mean I don't cherish them and want to protect them! A couple times Ice Age 2 referred to things that didn't seem very child approprite. Like, there were a couple of innuendos in there and stuff... please. But no, still, GREAT movie. Give yourself the oppurtunity to watch this film. You'll be smiling all the way until the end. :-)

Lucky Number Slevin: 3/5
*You know, I liked this movie. Despite the bad reviews it's recieved, I thought it had a very nice style. It never became boring, and for such a complex plot, it was easy to follow. Cast was great, and they included a couple of twists here and there. Ultimately though... and I'm sure you know what I'm talking about... it almost seemed like this movie was, I don't know, TRYING too hard. Like, we get it, you want it to be COOL and all, but does EVERY line need to be a pun? Know what i mean? Anyway... not a waste of time though.




Akeelah and the Bee: 1/5

* OK, for some VERY odd reason this movie got really good reviews from critics.... WHAT?! Not only was this movie boring, unrealistic and cheesy, it was... I don't know AMATEURISH. Was this supposed to be a movie for kids? It didn't seem that way when they were advertising it, but that's what it came out as. Ridiculous acting. It has what I call "slacker dialogue", meaning, someone had a pretty cool idea for a movie, but didn't spend enough time on the screenplay. sigh... I don't really want to talk about this one. It makes me mad.



Mission Impossible III: 3/5

*There were only two good aspects about this movie that got it up to a rating of 3 for me: the action and Phillip Seymour Hoffman. NO, not Tom Cruise. See, I liked the character Ethan Hunt in the first MI, and again in MI:2. But we didn't get to see Hunt, we watched Cruise. See what I mean? The guy doesn't know how to ACT here guys. Maybe he did in his vampire days, waving his hair around with Brad Pitt, but now he just plays HIMSELF. Cocky, show-offy self. Phbtt. Cool action, was neat to take youself out of reality for a moment and kind of wish that we were all pro spies. You know blowing up vans and stuff... well I don't know maybe for some anyway. Also, like I said Mr. Hoffman... good bad guy. I want to see him in WAY more films...but this was a dumb movie you guys.


Already, there ya go. Not TOO much typing afterall. Pretty fun!


Well, I've just bought a new book, Lucky, author of The Lovely Bones if you've heard of it. Most likely you have, it was on the best sellers list for awhile but anyway, it's REALLY good and I'm going to get to reading a bit of it before I tuck myself in bed. I love you all! Hope everything is wonderful where you are.

Love,
Steph




2 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I really like your movie critiques (sp?), and Braveheart is my all time fav too!

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Oh Yea!! Remember how every time you came to our house you'd have us watch it?! Oh, those were good times San. <3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home