LuvHaze

Monday, June 12, 2006



REVIEW: The Break Up



Director: Peyton Reed


Starring: Vince Vaughn, Jennifer Anniston, Jon Favreau, Jason Bateman, Judy Davis, Justin Long, John Michael Higgins as the singing dancing sprite


Trailor: The Break Up


Plot:
Well if the title of this movie isn't obvious enough, this is about Gary (Vinny) and Brooke's (Jenny) break up. After Brooke decides to call it off, neither of them want to move out of their condo. So they keep living together, and fight a lot... yep that about covers it.



Critique:
So here's the deal you guys... I didn't enjoy this movie. Well, it was ok, but it didn't do much for me. Yea Vince is funny. LOVE his humor. Jen... I don't know she can get away with a few punch lines but the only thing she really seems to be good at is looking good. (...in everything.) Anyway, so yes this movie had it's humorous moments, but nothing more than a "hah" or a chuckle here and there. But what the heck?! This movie is about a break up, nothing more! And WHO wants to see people go through a break up? What's so AWESOME about watching people get their hearts broken? I'm not kidding here, I want to know. How is this appealing? sigh... little suggestion to you all: DON'T see a movie titled, The Break Up, after you've just been through one. (whoops)


Alright, I'm done complaining now. You know, I was having trouble deciding what kind of crowd this movie would bring in. It's not necessarily a chick flick, I mean yea there's SOME girly-ness to it but Vince was there with his smart-aleck remarks that seemed to keep my brothers attentive. It's definitley not a DATE movie. I don't know. I think that The Break Up would be one of those movies you'd bring your gals to, or homies if your a guy, haha. This film was great in that it really pinpointed some traits all of us seem to be baffled about in the opposite sex. Brooke and Gary's big break up fight was a common one. The same old poop, come on you all know how it goes, right?:



Girl
: I'm giving ALL the time! But does he care? Nah, he only cares about what HE wants. I'm so sick of feeling unappreciated by him! I deserve someone better.


Guy: Why is she so mad at me? I didn't DO anything. (...exactly.) Great, here we go again. I am so sick of feeling like I'm being nagged all the time. Why can't I just do what I want?! ...wait, where's she going...?


Am I right? Huh? sheesh.



Ok back to the movie. One good aspect of this flick was that it wasn't cheesy or fantasy-like. The actual break up between the two main characters was seemingly real. Poop happens, you know? Things fall apart. And unlike most films these days, it was hard to predict how the movie was going to play out. "Are they gonna get back together or what? Nah... too easy... but are they?"



Another good trait, the ending. No, I'm not going to spoil it for you, but I will say it leaves you trailing, and I wasn't even sure it WAS the ending. All of a sudden the credits came up. I don't know about you but I prefer that kind of thing. It allows you to think of one for yourself if ya want.



ACTORS!! Ok, Vinny. He's so unsual. So... unattractive but who doesn't love him?! He needs to open up his own talk show or something because I could listen to him forever. Not so much a talented actor we've got here, I mean we get the same stuff he always plays from Wedding Crashers, Dodgeball and Made. But he's JUST so hilarious.







Miss Anniston. You all know how I feel about her already. How do you spell her last name? Is it just one N? Oh I don't know, anyway, same stuff. Rachel Greene, you know. I will say she looked fantastic in this film. She wore the CUTEST outfits. So depressing...








You know this movie had some really funny co-actors! I even put all their names up in the "starring" section because they seemed to keep this film going I think. Most of my chuckling was from them anyway. Here are a few of them:





Especially these two. REALLY funny in this one. See Jason Long, on the top? Remember him in Galaxy Quest? Looks a little silly in this flick, but he's just so cute. And John Michael Higgins... always gives a good laugh.






Alright I'm done with this movie. Not much to say actually. It's just a couple... breaking up. All this movie does is reminds us of the fact that women are crazy and men are idiots.




Rating: 2/5

3 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Well, I LOVE Jen. Everyone talks poop about her cause of the Brad and Angie thing. I don't care about that or her "Ratings" in the gossip column in the stores. When she laughs, I laugh, and her crying scenes look so real, my heart goes out to her character, (and a little to her herself because of her personal struggles.) And on top of that, she's absolutely beautiful, stylish, and very sweet natured.
    I refuse to watch Mr. and Mrs. Smith because I love Jen so much :) She'll be the only reason I watch this one.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Hey Sandy, you'll be glad hear that Jen didn't do so bad in this movie. Why are people giving her poop? Brad dumped HER, right? Oh well. I just think she needs to be casted as a bounty hunter or something, you know, get us away from this "ditz" act.

    P.S. Trust me when I say you're not missing out on anything by choosing not to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith. We're all better off watching True Lies anyway. :-)

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Babka Boy said…

    So.. it IS a fact.
    Yes, Vinny is enormous, yet lovable. He hasn't equaled his Men in Black performance though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home