LuvHaze

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Phew! It's so late at night right now... I have no idea why I'm up writing a post! This is nuts...

Ok so yea I'm VERY ready for Spring Break to arrive. Let's GO people! How is it fair that every other college on this Earth had their break last week, but mine isn't until another two!? Someone explain that to me, because I don't get it. I'm exhausted!! I took a speech midterm yesterday and the whole time I was thinking, sigh, a bed and a blanket sounds nice right about now... So yea, time to rest... yet here I am after 11 writing a post... hahah oh well. Don't judge me now... :-)

So... I noticed in a Star magazine today that Brittany Spears is pregnant again, and she's dumping Kevin. OMG SHOCKING!! Not. Come on, was there anyone out there that DIDN'T think that their marriage wasn't going to last longer than a few months? Please... it's all so ridiculous.

Timmy and I haven't been watching our chick flicks!!! I'm going to try and get us back into that routine again. SO fun I tell you. And I think he's actually enjoying the movies so far! We've watched five:

*The Notebook: He didn't just come out and say that he liked it, but I could tell that he did. Or at least, maybe he just didn't think it was as bad as he thought it would be...I don't know.

*Phantom of the Opera: Didn't want to watch this one apparently because the director butchered a few Batman flicks. However once he learned that the director was supervised by Lloyd Webber (the writer), he gave it a shot.

*Terms of Endearment: I think he liked this one because of Jack Nicholson. And I caught him chuckling at a few Shirley McClaine jokes!

*Steel Magnolias: Tim and I agree with this one... Julia Roberts is the biggest dork, and makes herself look like an even bigger dork with the accent she "attempts" in this movie. "Mohmmaa!!! Muy nayils ayint pertty enough!" phbbt, whatever. No, I don't care if you won some Oscar for that role...

Pretty In Pink: I don't think he liked this one. He was really pissed that Ducky didn't get the girl in the end. :-(

Pride and Prejudice: Not the recent movie, but the actual mini- series. Yes, he sat and watched the ENTIRE five hours with me in one night. He and I really enjoyed Colin Farrel, he was funny in this one. Such a loner at the little parties they had, and I'm pretty sure he only has ONE emotion, and I'm not even sure what THAT is. Confused? Sad? Bored? huh...

That's it so far. Next I want him to watch Romeo and Juliet the 1969 version. I like this one because although the acting is extremely cheesy its one of the best versions of Shakerspeare's Romeo & Juliet I've seen. They really SPEAK the words as if they were feeling them, like they MEAN it. Usually when I watch Shakespeare plays in movies, it honestly seems to me that the actors have no clue what they're saying... they've just memorized the words. Not very effective.

Alrighty... I'm going to bed. Love you all! Have a beautiful week!

Love,
Steph

P.S. Ok, you all HAVE to go to Ashley's blog right away! She's got pictures of her new baby girl!!! (CUUUUUTE!!!!) http://aurorasmom.blogspot.com/

3 Comments:

  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Right on, Tim! I can't even SUGGEST that we rent a movie that has a love story IN it!
    And that Leo deCaprio version of Romeo and Juliet is just Horrable!
    Don't you think so too, Steph? I much prefer the older version.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Yea I totally agree that that version of Romeo and Juliet is just lame. It does deserve some credit for having some originality to it. I mean, I have never seen anything like that before. However it's just too crazy and vulgar for Shakespeare's words. It had no class, no poetry, no enchanting feeling you may usually get when watching a Shakespearian tragedy. But like I said, cool idea and everything...

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I posted a few pictures, myself... take a look...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home