LuvHaze

Friday, February 03, 2006

Hiya,

Wow, LOTS to do this weekend. I have TWO tests and a speech due all on Tuesday. One of them is a Philosophy test, and I was feeling really worried about it earlier, but thankfully I had John to help me out. He's now my study partner for that class, except he seems to know MUCH more on the subject than I do. Half the time the only things that were coming out of my mouth were, "Oh... hmm... yea, I don't get this..." or "and uh... what did YOU write down for this?" hahahah yea, I'm glad we were able to get together on it, I think I've made a good friend today, and I'm feeling much more confident for the test. Thanks John!

Ooo, another thing about school that I'm pretty excited about, I've signed up to be a tutor at a high school nearby. I've decided I'm not going to go for the Bacchus program, not this semester anyway. I don't think they are very organized to be honest. I've tried to get information on the club like three times, and their leader wouldn't be there or the meeting would be cancelled or something. I e-mailed them and gave them my name and e-mail address so they could contact me in the Fall if need be. But anyway, about the tutoring. I did a little bit in high school, and there were no problems there, except I can't help but feel a little intimidated, you know? They're having me do an interview for it, and they want me to write out a resume and everything. I understand all that and have no problem doing those things, but hello! I'm not THAT smart! I did ok freshmen year but those kids just seem to be getting smarter and smarter! Just a few months ago I was talking to a girl in EIGHTH grade and how she and her class were doing a project on the Amistad. Ummm I didn't learn about that until I was a SOPHOMORE. Jeez... so we'll see how it goes. Wish me luck I suppose. :-)

Mom and Dad are still in Palm Springs, having a splendid time I'm sure. I'm glad that they're able to get out into the sun and everything. Completely jealous, but that's ok because Tim and I always have a blast together. Since I watched all of his James Bond films (all 21 of them!) he said that he would be willing to watch 21 of MY favorite movies! Well, I thought that, most of my favorite movies are ones that he's already seen, so I've decided expose him to classic chick flicks instead! Cool huh? Well I think it's a great idea. So far, we've watched Pretty in Pink, and tonight we just finished with Pride and Prejudice. (The 1995 version with Colin Firth). Ok, did anyone else know that it was crapping 5 HOURS long?? I am NOT exaggerating. There were two discs, and both of them were two and a half hours in lenght. THAT was a shock... but guess what, he watched them with me anyway!! Name ONE guy who would be willing to do that for his sister... awwww

Alright so, if anyone else has some ideas as to what other chick flicks my brother should become aware of, I'd love to hear it! However, I will not accept any Julia Roberts movies, unless you want to see me puke... hahah ok so far, I've written down:


Love Me If You Dare
Man in the Moon
Moulin Rouge
The Notebook
Phantom of the Opera (new version)
Romeo and Juliet (the 1969 version)
Steel Magnolias
Strictly Ballroom
Terms of Endearment
Wedding Date
Working Girl
Dirty Dancing
Say Anything
The Last of the Mohicans



What do you guys think? Alrighty then, it's late and there's work tomorrow.... hmmm funny, I've got a sudden headache.... anyway, talk to you soon! Love you all!

Love,
Steph

12 Comments:

  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger Tim said…

    There are 20 (official) James Bond movies, and we also watched the Austin Powers Trilogy. That make 23. Not 21.

    We watched The Notbook today, and I'm sorry but I didn't cry. Probaly because I saw the very ending on accident while working at the theater. Ooops.

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Luv2ReedGrandma said…

    Hi Steph..... I think you should make Tim see Just Like Heaven if he hasn't already seen it. Luv u, GmaK

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Stephny-poop, I agree with gma about Just Like Heaven. Also, I didn't see Postcards from the Edge on your list. But my official submission is My Big Fat Greek Wedding. You already have my required viewing on the list, which is Steel Magnolias and Terms of Endearment. I must hear Tim's reactions to these when you're done. *Love*

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Luv2ReedGrandma said…

    How about Terms of Endearment, and Murphy's Romance. Haha Tim. You asked for it, huh, Steph. Teehee

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Luv2ReedGrandma said…

    P.S. I meant to say "Tender Mercies" Got carried away there by Topeka's comment. :)

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Thanks you guys for your suggestions! Ashely, The Princess Bride is PERFECT! However, Tim has probably seen that one more times that I have! Oh man, that's a line-puller. "Inconcievable!" hahaha

    Tim, 23!?!? Oh man, this is gonna be fun... I wasn't surprised that the Notebook didn't make you cry, but tell me this... did you want to? heehee

    Grandma! You know, I saw Just Like Heaven, and as much as I like Mark Ruffalo and Reese Witherspoon, this movie didn't really... connect with me like oh say Steel Mag, Terms or The Notebook. I MUST be very picky about the movies I choose for Tim to watch. This may be the ONLY time in his life he'll be exposed to such sweet and cherishable stories of womanhood!! :-)

    Guess what Unka Shaina, Tim has already seen Postcards from the Edge!! I couldn't believe it either. So keep thinking! Can you think of any when you were really young? What were some movies that just made you sigh and dream about in class...?

    Tender Mercies... I've never heard of it! I'll check it out... thanks!!!!

    I've only got like, 12 on the list! I need you girls! Come together and THINK!!! Do it for Timmy. Do it.. for all girlkind! hahahah

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger Tim said…

    Well, I did see Postcards From the Edge. I saw it at my Aunts house with my mother. I was pretty bored, I don't know why. But Steph, you should watch it, you like Shirley MacLaine.

    I'm sure I woulda had the ol' lump in the throat at the end of The Notebook, if I hadn't seen the ending before.

    And Steph, just pick your favorite movies. I'll watch Braveheart and The Princess Bride again.

    Fezzick, are there rocks up ahead?
    If there are, we'll all be dead!
    No more rhymes now, I mean it!
    Anybody want a peanut?

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim has seen Marvin's Room, right? Probably at my house? That movie is so spot-on perfect about the way sisters are with each other sometimes.

    MUST hear about reactions to the two classics, Steel Magnolias and Terms of Endearment.

    Have fun storming the castle!!

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Luv2ReedGrandma said…

    Hey Steph...... How about "Something's Gotta Give" I laughed all through that movie. When she began writing, it reminded me of your mom. Luv,GmaK
    Haha Tim; you've got 'Grandma's comments' here :)Can't delete me :)

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stephny, What about Moonstruck? Do you think that's girlie enough? Pay close attention to the dad who is the plumber giving the speech about copper. That's your uncle in 20 years. ha!

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Something to Talk About and Moonstruck... PERfect!!!! I'll put that on the list. Thanks so much!

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Luv2ReedGrandma said…

    Well, I want to know how your two tests and your speech turned out.:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home