LuvHaze

Monday, February 13, 2006

Phew! Ok, last week is over and it's time for a new one!

My speech went very well. Of course it didn't go exactley the way I wanted to, but I'm proud of the fact that I was able to accomplish it. The teacher has us bring in a VHS tape to record our speeches so we can self-evaluate ourselves. I'm still trying to finish that up! It's not hard, just tedious.
Also, I had my Philosophy test and Math test last Tuesday and although my Phil. teacher hasn't graded them yet, I'm confident that I got an A. (yeehaw!) As for math, I got an 84, a straight B. I'm glad and everything, however... man I was expecting 100! Math is the HARDEST for me to get an A in because on tests you're graded on the WORK that you do, not just whether you got the right answer or not. So throughout my test I've minus 1 here and minus 1 there for not bringing down a negative sign or forgetting to put in paranthesis or however you spell that dang word. sigh...bummer. I'll try again on the next one. :-)
So John, my study partner and I have gotten to know eachother pretty well. He's quite the guy, very sweet and mature. Plays the drums (very groovy), graduated with a 4.2 (...whoa), was in the boy scouts (CUTE!), and his family is English! hahah very fun. I'm looking forward to spending more time with him, and I'll make sure to keep you guys posted!
For those of you kind of wondering, my kitties are doing MUCH better. They're much more alert and they're starting to play with eachother again! However they're still healing and mom and I have been keeping a close eye on them, petting them and giving them lots of lovin'. That reminds me, I'm almost out of kitty treats! That just can't happen... these kitties are way too cute to go without treats!
Work is still work. I think that I'll definitley be looking for another job in the summer though. Most likely waitressing. I'm just really tired of where I'm at. Not necessarily the job itself, I mean who doesn't love scanning chicken and milk day after day? (hahaha) It's mostly the way the associates are treated. The management never gives any recognition or anything like that. Why should I go above and beyond for a manager that doesn't even remember my name!? Tell me, do I look like a Jennifer? Well, one of my bosses certainly does. Anyway, It's ridiculous. I'm not motivated to work for them anymore. All I want to do is just get through the day, but when you put it together, that's my whole weekend I'm wishing away! That's just not right. Gotta do something about that.
I'm loving school. I got the tutoring position over at the high school and now I'm just waiting for them to call me once they've set up a schedule with the other students. This I'm very excited about. I'm hoping it will really give me the chance to get some of that teaching experience I need. I'm not sure if it'll be easy, but all I know is I'm looking forward to it, and seeing what kinds of things I could learn from it. :-)
Ok, well I hope everyone else's week is going well! I'm so sorry Unka Shaina, I'm just no good at trivia games! All of your movie lines are so FAMILIAR but I can never seem to just put a name to it. But I'll keep trying! Love you all very much!

Love,
Steph

1 Comments:

  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Oh mom... a daughter never gets tired of hearing that kind of stuff from their mother. :-) Thank you!

    xoxox

     

Post a Comment

<< Home