LuvHaze

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Bonjour mes amies!

So not much going on except for school... and work. Oh well. I volunteered to be a Note-Taker for a student with special needs in my math class, and I'm actually really excited about it. It just feels cool to know that I'm helping them out in some way. :-) Also, on Monday there is a little information meeting on this school club called Bacchus, and they help bring awareness and ways to prevent underage drinking. I was thinking about going just to see what it was all about. If the program doesn't take too much time out of my schedule to be a part of it, then I'd love to join. So that's another thing that's going on.
My favorite class so far is Western Civilization. I love Europe (Italy baby! ... one of these days), and the professor I have for that class shows a great knowledge for the subject. You ever have a teacher stand in front of the classroom and just read out of a textbook? Or just hand out a bunch of worksheets for you to fill out but never really go over any lecturing? I can't stand that! It's like they don't know what they're talking about or something I dont know. But this guy, my Western Civ instructor, never looks at notes. He's got all the facts in his head and includes everyone in his lectures. Very nice.
Why does work have to be so BORING! I'd hate to be so pessimistic and everything but I just DREAD work these days, and I only work on the weekends! Maybe in the summer when I don't have school to think about, I'll look for some other jobs. My mind keeps telling me to go for waitressing, but I always have this worry that the tips I make just won't be enough to pay bills. Sometimes I'd just rather have the steady paycheck I have with cashiering. But we'll see. I try to be open-minded anyway.
Tim and I had a blast tonight. We ordered a bunch of food from McDonald's, finished our James Bond/Austin Powers saga, then ate ice cream cones and played a Star Wars video game until it was time for bed. FUN! Have I ever announced to anyone yet that Obi Wan Kenobi is my boyfriend? (Well... the younger one). Yea, he and I get along great. I'm always him when I play the Star Wars trivia pursuit game and stuff. (Yes, someday this obsession will go away, don't worry...) Anyway, thanks Tim for a great night! Hopefully you and I will get to see a movie tomorrow night, your choice!
OK, It's getting late, so I'll talk to you all later. Unka Shaina, I have NO idea what your movie line is from! Give us a hint! And mom, PLEASE start your own blog, it would be so neat! Alrighty, love you guys.

Love,
Steph

2 Comments:

  • At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello my darling Stephny,
    I'm glad to hear that school is starting out well. I wish I could have played with you and Tim. Except I don't have the patience that you do to sit and watch all the star wars movies in a weekend to beat your brother at Trivial Pursuit. But I would eat the refreshing graham crackers with frosting snack.
    I thought for sure my current movie line contest was a complete give-away. I'll give it a day or two and if y'all still need help I will throw you a bone.
    By the way, do you notice my little piksha now by my comments? It only took me like three hours to do, but now I'm official and all.
    *Love you*

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I did notice your picture and i LOVE it! How did you do that?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home